P.O. Box 310
Yolo, CA 95697
United States of America
PRODUCTS & BRANDS details >>
CATEGORIES & HEADINGSdetails >>
Since 1990, Earth Saver®, the creator of the rice straw wattle, has provided the industry's best, scientifically tested and jobsite proven wattles.
Wherever bare soil is exposed to erosion, Earth Saver® Rice Straw Wattles can be an important part of a comprehensive best management practice system for soil stabilization, sediment retention and vegetation establishment.
When used for temporary sediment retention, EARTHSAVERS wattles, which are also called fiber rolls, can reduce off-site sedimentation by:
• Providing storm drain inlet protection
• Directing runoff water to retention and detention devices
• Reducing water velocities in areas of concentrated flow such as waterways and swales, when installed as check structures
• Functioning as an alternative to silt fence for perimeter sediment control
EARTHSAVERS fiber rolls complement permanent best management practices used for source control and revegetation. When installed in combination with straw mulch, erosion control blankets, hydraulic mulches, or bonded fiber matrices for slope stabilization, EARTHSAVERS Rice Straw Wattles can
• Reduce the effects of slope length and steepness
• Reduce sheet and rill erosion in agricultural areas
• Capture ash and sediment following wildfires
• Function as vegetative filters by promoting plant growth within the fiber roll
As a functional alternative to silt fence installations, fiber rolls have some distinct advantages. EARTHSAVERS Rice Straw Wattles:
• Install more easily, particularly in shallow soils and rocky material
• Are more adaptable to slope applications and contour installations
• Blend in with the landscape and are less obtrusive
• Do not obstruct hydraulic mulch and seed applications
• May be removed or left in place following establishment of vegetation
EARTHSAVERS was also the first manufacturer to palletize and shrink-wrap its fiber rolls for quick delivery to your site, a system that provides protection from the weather until installation.