J. W. Faircloth & Son, Inc. developed the Faircloth Skimmer® surface drain, the original sediment basin skimmer. Known as reliable, highly effective and easy to install, the Faircloth Skimmer® surface drain floats on the surface of the sediment basin as it fills and drains, releasing the cleanest water in the basin instead of draining from the bottom as conventional outlets do. The skimmer drains the basin slowly over several days and at a constant rate to maximize settling. The adjustable orifice regulates the filling and drawdown of the basin and improves basin efficiency, meeting BMP requirements.
• Simple, automatic, gravity operation
• Works in basins with risers or sediment traps with spillway
• Replaces perforated risers and stone outlets as the basin’s drain
• Convenient for use in a detention basin as a temporary sediment
basin during construction
• 8 sizes available, each with an adjustable orifice
• Inlet orifice easily adjusted for drawdown requirements
Extensive information on use of the Faircloth Skimmer® surface drain is available on our web site www.fairclothskimmer.com. Use our sizing calculator to determine the appropriate skimmer and orifice size for your project - just enter the volume of the basin in cubic feet and the number of days to dewater. Also available is a complete manual on the Faircloth Skimmer® as well as short instructions sheets with practical advice on placing and attaching the skimmer to the riser or a separate pipe through the dam. Questions? Check out our FAQ's on the web site or call us at (919) 732-1244.